Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Events
After much discussion with wineries and event partners we have rescheduled Pig Out and Half Corked Marathon, tickets will automatically be transferred to the new dates and ticket holders have been contacted directly.
March 19, 2020
The past week has been a difficult time for all; thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate the fast changing current climate.
Late Monday, we received a Public Health Act order from the Government of Canada prohibiting organizations from hosting events over 50 people until May 30th. This directly impacts the Pig Out Festival. We are working closely with our event partners on a postponement strategy and the scheduling of a new early summer date. Will share the information with you as soon as we can.
For the Half Corked Marathon, the direction is less clear cut as the 2020 event is currently planned for May 30th, the deadline shared by the Health Officials. With our community and our visitors top of mind, we have made the decision to postpone to a late summer date. Again, we are working with our event partners to confirm the specifics and look forward to sharing them with you soon.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and concern as we develop a path forward for a rescheduled race weekend and kindly ask that you refrain from individual inquiries about the status of your race registration and event tickets. We are working very hard to develop a plan that will address the many questions you may have. We will provide more details as they become available.
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will be following the guidance of the Government of Canada, the Government of British Columbia, Health Canada, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health authorities and will keep you informed of any decisions.
We are also in close contact with local and national travel authorities to align strategies, including Destination Canada, Destination British Columbia, TOTA, BC Wine Institute and regional DMOs.
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Team
- GUEST CHEF DINNER: Friday, October 9th
- PIG OUT – KEEP CALM AND HULA ON: Saturday, October 10th
- BRING HOME THE BACON: Sunday, October 11th
- PRIMAVERA DINNER: Friday, September 11th
- HALF CORKED MARATHON: Saturday, September 12th
- PARTY! AT THE FINISH LINE: Saturday, September 12th
- DINNER AT THE FARM: Saturday, September 12th
- CHARITY PANCAKE BREAKFAST – Sunday, September 13th
The lottery is now closed. We received 8,116 registrations into the lottery for the 2020 Half Corked Marathon. Lottery entries will be reviewed and any repetitive entries will be removed so that everyone has a fair chance of being drawn. Successful lottery entrants will be notified later this week so please watch your inbox closely. We appreciate your support and good luck to all lottery registrants.
- Lottery registration for the 2020 marathon closed at 12:10 am on Tuesday, November 12th
- Lottery winners will be contacted with instructions on how to purchase their ticket
- Lottery winners will be permitted to purchase a maximum of TWO TICKETS – one for themselves and one for a ‘guest’
- In order to purchase a ‘guest’ ticket that person must also have entered the 2020 Half Corked Marathon lottery
- Unsuccessful lottery entrants will NOT be contacted
- All people interested in participating in the marathon MUST enter the lottery
- To participate in the marathon you MUST be able to register IN PERSON on Friday, May 29th between noon and 7 pm
- Please read terms & conditions prior to completing your lottery entry
- All tickets into the Half Corked Marathon are Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable
For more information about us and other events we are doing please join Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country on Facebook