Volunteer Opportunites for Pig Out & Half Corked Marathon
Save the dates on your calendar for 2019! The Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association has been working hard to execute successful events to bring people to our region and share all that it has to offer. We couldn’t do this without the help of so many volunteers. This year we are looking for volunteers for the 8th Annual Pig Out and the 11th Annual Half Corked Marathon.
We are looking for volunteers to fill many different positions. Help us for a few hours, you will be sure to have fun, enjoy the event you are volunteering at, and be invited to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party.
You will always have a great time, Volunteering at Oliver’s Events!
If you have questions or are interested in volunteering please contact Tracey email@example.com
Volunteer positions do fill quickly. We look forward to working with you.
to help us determine which postion would be best suited for you and the event!
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Work Front Gate: hand-out glasses, plates, stamp hands, line co-ordinators, answer questions, crush boxes
- Wine Tent Supervisors: make sure tents have water, answer questions, observe pouring
- General Helpers: variety of tasks including, stuff swag bags, distribute plates work with garbage crew to keep cans empty, unload or collect glasses, set-up tents and running stations,
- Garbage & Clean Up: garbage around event site, stacking chairs, collapsing tables, recycling
- Traffic: Control /direct traffic, parking, control loading/unloading, bus zones and crosswalks.
- Security: assure NO patrons leave event grounds with alcohol. Validate entrants have stamps, wrist bands etc.
- Food and Wine Tent Runners: clean picnic tables, empty bus pans, check/fill water jugs, replenish plates, cutlery, serviettes, general cleaning duties, inform staff of full garbage containers
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK A 3 – 4 HOUR SHIFT.
POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE EVENT TO ACCOMADATE THE NEEDS OF THE EVENT AND GUESTS – YOUR FLEXIBILTY IS APPRECIATED
8th ANNUAL PIG OUT! Saturday, May 4th
HALF CORKED MARARTHON Friday & Saturday, May 24 - 25th, 2019
- Stuffing Race Bags - two shifts –Tuesday/Wednesday May, 21-22
- Half Corked Marathon - Friday, May 24th - Registration - two shifts
- Primavera Dinner – Oliver Twist Estate Winery – two shifts
- Half Corked Marathon - Saturday, May 25th - Race Route Volunteers
- Party at the Finish Line - Saturday May 25th
- Half Corked Marathon - Saturday May 25th
- Dinner in The Park - Oliver Community Park